Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

Latest topics

» Graduate From High School
Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am by robertstanley

» Official School Days Profile
Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:05 am by robertstanley

» Introduction aru~
Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:01 am by robertstanley

» ✧✶ ☆Magical Rainbow Theme Park ☆✶ ✧
Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich - Page 3 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Block 5A, Room C2 - The Gentleman's Club
Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Well, who knew XDD
Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Scotland App
Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am by Allistor Kirkland

» Reserve Here
Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm by Allistor Kirkland

» Merhaba Everyone!
Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Lukas Thomassen

Navigation

Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich

Gilbert
    Gilbert

Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich - Page 3 Empty Re: Week 9: Gilbert/Roderich

Post  Gilbert Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:41 am

He grunted. "The Goddamned ankle is Goddamned sore." He rolled his eyes, then took up his fork and looked at his plate. With a soft snort, Gilbert dug into the mess of an omelet. He blinked twice, seeming to watch the food enter his mouth. After a long pause, he swallowed the bite.

"Well, it isn't pretty but it's good--Roddy, why aren't you eating?" The albino pointed at the other man's lack of plate with his fork, his left eyebrow cocked high.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:14 pm

'What does being pretty have to do with anything? It doesn't have to look good,' Roderich replied, waving his hand dismissively. He was a good cook, but not the most orthodox. 'I'll get you another icepack later... and to be honest, I'm not that hungry,' he explained, sipping his coffee. 'I never feel like eating in the morning.'

Truthfully, he just wasn't used to being awake in the morning, preferring to sleep until midday providing he had nothing else to do. But this was an odd morning, and he couldn't very well go back to sleep even if he tried.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:17 am

Gilbert stared at Roderich for a moment, then rolled his eyes and grumbled to himself as he took up his fork once more. Only this time, the albino harshly cut the omelet in half, then shoved the plate to the center of the table. He quickly arranged the food so that half the pastries we on his opposing side.

"Eat," he bitched as he took another bite of his half of food. He picked up a small scone and tore an edge off with his teeth, then proceeded to chew it as if it were a cud. He watched Roddy intently.

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Roderich blinked across at Gilbert, wondering if this was some sort of manifestation of guilt. It wasn't normal behaviour...although barking orders at him was, as though Gilbert had ever been in a position to do that. He decided that overall, it would be easier not to argue, and he helped himself to a pastry, with a roll of his eyes and a quiet 'Yes, sir...'

He couldn't help but smile slightly as he took a bite. What, was Gilbert worried about him getting enough nutrients?
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Gilbert nodded. "Now you're getting it." He nodded and continued to eat his food. He chewed in silence for a few minutes without much thought other than on what had brought him to Roddy's last night.

It had been a long time since he had been in that sort of trouble. Beyond the need for Rodderich's help, the man was beginning to feel a bit worried having brought the other into this. He glanced up to the brunet across the small table. He didn't want to think about what he might have brought on the person helping him.

Gilbert propped his bad foot up on the chair across from him. Roddy's chair. This meant his heel was perched on the small space between Roddy's legs on the seat, just short of his lap. With a sardonic grin, Gilbert continued to digest his food.

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Roderich ate quietly; the silence was quite comfortable. He noticed Gilbert's strangely thoughtful look, and wondered what was on his mind; he might have asked, but before he could, the other man met his eyes and propped his foot up on Roderich's chair without so much as a by-your-leave. Startled, he looked down. Gilbert's foot was rather close to an area it had no business being near. Looking up again, he was met with a typical Gilbert smile. So he was back to annoying Roderich, but in that weirdly friendly way. What was that about, anyway?

Unable to respond without looking either easily-flustered or- god forbid- flirtatious, Roderich merely shifted slightly, giving the intruding foot more room, and went back to sipping his coffee. He responded to the grin with a calm gaze; his cup hid a smile that forced itself on to his lips. He wasn't sure what that was about, either.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:48 am

When he saw Roddy glance down to the general direction of his lap, Gilbert wriggled his toes in a mock wave. He smiled genuinely, if not also menacingly. The albino continued on his breakfast though, surprised he felt the exhaustion creep up again as the food began to pleasantly fill him. He yawned slowly, finally reaching for his coffee. He wasn't a big fan of the bitter drink, but it had its function.

He sat back in the chair to drink, the foot stretching forward just a bit more. After a few swallows, and the last several bites of omelet, he looked to his companion.

"You have any games?"

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:13 pm

'Mm?' Roderich looked up from his coffee, noting that Gilbert had finished. He nudged Gilbert's leg with his own, prompting him to move it so he could get up and wash the dishes. 'Games? What do you mean?' He probably had a pack of cards somewhere, but he doubted that was what he'd meant.

Now that he thought about it, the whole house was pretty boring. He spent most of his time at other peoples', or else entertaining, and when he was alone at home things were...slow. It was quite nice to have a guest, even this one.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:53 am

Gilbert shrugged. "Yeah cards would work. Oh something like that." He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms, finished with both his food and coffee. "If you wanna play."

He kicked his chair out enough to lower himself to the floor. Gilbert felt his arms straining--he was still very tired. He padded on hands and knees out of the kitchen and back into the den/study area where he'd been sleeping the night before. He crawled up onto the couch he'd been using as a bed and tucked himself in until Roddy was ready to do something else with the day.

Post  Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:49 am

'Yes, if you'd like. I'll be there in a moment,' Roderich said, clearing away the dishes as Gilbert made his way back to the drawing room. He poured himself another cup of coffee and followed suit, setting it down on the table before rifling through a draw for a pack of cards. When he found them, a quick inspection revealed a layer of dust and designs that dated back at least to the 1900s; clearly, he needed to spring clean more than once a century.

He pulled a chair from the back of the room, seating himself near Gilbert's couch, and tossed him the pack. 'What were you thinking of playing?' He was rather bad at card games, even worse at remembering the rules.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:41 am

Gilbert took the deck of cards and shuffled it as he thought this over. "Hmm." he cut the deck and shuffled twice before he continued. "Have you ever heard of 'Mal'?" A slight grin tried to break his face, but the albino kept his attention on his cards.

He ran the many rules of Mal through his head as he flipped the cards over. It would be beyond embarrassing to bring up a game, then fail to recall the way it was played. Especially with Mal.

"Did you get enough to eat?"

Post  Guest Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:02 pm

'I can't say I've heard of it...' Roderich replied; he didn't notice anything untoward about Gilbert's tone or expression, and suspected nothing. It wasn't as if he played much, he had no idea beyond poker (which he was bad at) and go fish (which...he was bad at). 'You'll have to explain it to me, I'm sure I'll pick it up.'

He sipped his coffee, crossing his legs. 'Yes, I'm fine, thank you. More importantly, did you? If you want something later on, let me know.'
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:47 am

Gilbert shook his head. “No I’m good to go. Thanks, Roddy.”

He grinned wide as he dealt each of them seven cards face-down, then placed the rest of the deck between the two and off to the side. He pulled the top card from the deck, flipped it over and laid it centered between him and Roddy. It was a three of hearts.

He picked up his hand and looked it over before quickly dropping a three of spaced face up over the three of hearts. “Spades,” he said, then looked to the man across from him.

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Roderich hesitantly picked up his hand. Since he didn't know the rules, he had no idea what constituted a good hand; he hovered over the seven of spades.

'Um...do I follow suit? What's the objective of the game?' He frowned at his cards again, racking his memory. Had he played anything like this before? He did recall being tricked into a made-up card game by Francis after one too many glasses of kirsch, and that hadn't ended well- wait.

'We're not playing for anything, are we?' He couldn't afford to lose money, and after the blows his dignity had suffered already that morning, he couldn't afford to lose any more of that, either.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Gilbert stared at Roddy with amazement on his face, then broke out into adolescent laughter as he dealt the other man three cards. “Penalty, penalty, and penalty.”

He snorted as he brought himself back to the game. “I would play something if I were you, Roddy.” He winked and made a light-hearted whistle. “You are gonna be so fun.”

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:10 pm

'...Wha...' Roderich stared at the extra cards, then at Gilbert, then at his cards again. He opened his mouth to enquire just what in blazes he was meant to be doing, but thought better of it, realising that he wasn't likely to get an answer. What was he being penalised for, anyway...asking questions? Typical of Gilbert.

'Oh, fine...since you enjoy tormenting me so much,' he grumbled, pulling a card more or less at random from his hand and placing it on the table. 'The...six of diamonds, apparently.' Probably going to land him with another penalty.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Gilbert sighed with a warm smile and rolled his eyes. He gave Roderich another card and nodded to him, then took his card off the stack, and handed it back. He shook his head as he fingered his hand of cards.

“Try again.” He grinned. “I suggest a three or a spade.”

Gilbert knew that based on the point of mal, he really shouldn’t be helping Roddy at all. But hell, the man had asked three questions in a row off the bat and learned his lesson quickly. He let his knee bump against the other’s to nudge him into playing a different card.

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Roderich grumbled under his breath, but took the hint, playing the seven of spades. He had a suspicion he'd been roped into the most deliberately obtuse card game ever, but it (probably) wouldn't hurt to humour Gilbert. Besides, he was so used to fighting with him it was a rare day when the two of them could just sit together, let alone play a game. It was kind of nice.

He looked up over his cards, a smile flickering, growing stronger and then fading shyly. Oh well done, Edelstein, very manly and not socially awkward you are.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 am

Gilbert snorted, then handed the other man two cards. He did, however, leave the card Roddy just played on the top of the stack.

Gilbert felt slightly bad. He hated to admit it. Usually a new player saw how established players announced sevens before he or she had to lay one. There was no sympathy about the suit issue though. He’d already demonstrated that aspect of the game.

Gilbert leaned forward. “Do you have anything—anything at all—to say about that card, Roddy?”

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 pm

'...Should I have something to say about i- oh no, that wasn't a question, I didn't mean that,' Roderich hastily backpedaled, massaging his temples. This thing was giving him a headache. He looked at the card he'd played. 'It's the seven of spades, there isn't much to say about it, surely. And I believe you just technically asked a question,' he realised belatedly, 'so there.' Not that he could even work out what was wrong with questions, but it was apparently verboten in this ridiculous game.

He thought carefully before speaking again, phrasing an obvious question like a statement. 'I'm afraid I've no idea what I'm supposed to say, but I'm sure you know.'

(oh god, rofl, I'd make him less inept but it would require omniscience)
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Gilbert laughed when Roddy began to ask another question then corrected his sentence. He went slack-jawed when it was he who was called on asking a question. Wow, he was rusty.

Gilbert slid a card from the draw deck into his hand as a penalty. “Hmm…yeah well…” He nodded. “Spades is correct. Now, wish me a nice day.” He grinned. “Say: ‘have a nice day.’”

(LoL thanks for playing with me on this. I thought it could be fun with these two characters. And yes, Mal does exist, and it has set rules.)

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:24 pm

'Have a...nice...what.' Roderich stared, about to state just how ridiculous this entire thing was, but decided it was ultimately pointless. 'Fine. Have a nice day. Although you seem to be having one already.' He rejoiced silently as he realised Gilbert had taken a penalty, then berated himself for getting into the silly game.

'I suppose it would be too much to hope that that's the only inane thing I'll be forced to say during this,' he sighed, rolling his eyes like a pro.

(It is pretty amusing to think of them trying to play anything, let alone this. I have heard of it, doesn't it have like endless insane rules? XD)
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Gilbert pursed his lips and smiled at Roderich. He was really enjoying this. He'd hoped Roddy wouldn't get too prissy and have a fit over this game, and he didn't after all. He was actually taking it very well and was a joy to play with.

Gilbert dropped his smiled. Roddy was a joy? He felt himself mentally wince.

He drew a card from the deck to begin his turn, looked over his hand quickly, then laid a ten of spades. "Spades." He said, then looked to the man across from him.

(It can, yes. There is also "Point of Order," which is similar, though you can't speak during game at all.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:16 am