Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

Latest topics

» Graduate From High School
Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am by robertstanley

» Official School Days Profile
Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:05 am by robertstanley

» Introduction aru~
Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:01 am by robertstanley

» ✧✶ ☆Magical Rainbow Theme Park ☆✶ ✧
Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Block 5A, Room C2 - The Gentleman's Club
Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Well, who knew XDD
Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Scotland App
Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am by Allistor Kirkland

» Reserve Here
Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm by Allistor Kirkland

» Merhaba Everyone!
Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Lukas Thomassen

Navigation

2 posters

Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred

Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred Empty Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred

Post  Alfred F. Jones Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:59 pm

He felt uncomfortable in his waistcoat and suit that England had made him wear for the occasion. He let his gaze wander with unease and observed the people. He recognised statesmen, generals and several other diplomats, who he had seen walking in and out of his house. Moreover there were other nations, empires to be precise. He couldn't help but feel intimidated by their appearance, so he subconsciously hid behind England. They were not as powerful as England and England protected him, right?

And also, it was only a small detail, but he couldn't help noticing, that he was the only one wearing a freaking violet ribbon around his collar. Everybody else had fancy cravats (not that he would like to wear those, but still). It made him look so frustratingly innocent, obedient, inexperienced and the worst of all...it made him look so much like a boy, not manly at all.

He sulkily began to stroll around the ball room, ignoring everybody else. He was the only colony present in this high class party. Maybe because he was that awesome and important? He had to smile at that. It was no secret that he was England's favourite, that England adored him and that he was special.

As he aimlessly walked around the room he spotted a tall man with serious features in his expression. He promptly knew that he was a nation. First he was entranced by his proud posture, which he found very admirable. Then he found himself drawn by a certain familiarity. He promptly knew that they had met before. But his memory was blurry, he couldn't remember much before England's time. He didn't know why, but he found himself approaching that man with hesitant steps.

"H-hello."
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred Empty Re: Week 9: Hendrik/Alfred

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Hendrik wasn't really enjoying the party that he really had no choice but to attend this function that England put on to show off his empire, he looked around the room spotting England quite quickly he knew the other man wasn't paying attention to anyone else but one of the diplomats he was speaking to so he gave the man a dirty look.

He hated wearing formal clothes and he hated these type of parties, but he was curious to see if a certain colony was present. He han't seen America since he ceded his colony New Netherland to England so he very curious so see how the little colony had grown and he had to admit the colony was cute.

He turned his head when he had heard a voice call out, he looked at the young man...no colony and smiled, he gave the young man a friendly wave " Goedenavond u must be Amerika " he lowered his arm still smiling " het has been aan long since I last seen u "
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Alfred's eyes stared at the nation, surprise clearly visible in his face, because the other clearly knew who he was. That man was talking in a weird way, though he was still able to actually understand. The nation offered him his hand, but Alfred couldn't help taking a step back, somewhat frightened. But his curiosity eventually dominated his fear as always and he stepped forward again, hesitantly taking the man's hand. "Y-yes sir, nice to meet you...sir," he really wanted to know when they had met before, but wouldn't Arthur scold him for being insolent enough to not remember such an important person?

"May I know your name?" He said in a low, shy voice.

Damn, it wasn't like him to be so easily flustered and being inconfident. But he was overall nervous, since this was the first time England brought him over to Europe. A filthy place, he found, but nevertheless mindblowing. Every building, painting, sculptures and churched spoke of history, history of times far back than his own birth. And that man too carried history within his broad body. And he somehow knew that they had one bit of shared history. A long time ago.

"We know each other."
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:01 am

He saw the surprise flash across the young colony's face when he said that he knew who he was, he chuckled softly knowing the young man in front of him didn't quite recognize him but he expected that he was quite sure that England had something to do with it. He shook the young man's hand and smiled "u don't need aan call me sir..makes me feel aan old " he chuckled hoping he was making the young colony feel at ease.

" I am het Koninkrijk van Nederland " he paused and repeated his name in english just so the young colony didn't get too confused " I am the Netherlands "

He nodded to the other man when he asked if they knew each other "ja we do...you use aan hold one of mijn colonies...New Netherland before I had aan give up mijn colony aan Engeland and leave u " He didn't like thinking about when he had to leave the young colony it depressed.
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:56 pm

Alfred felt himself more at ease now where he didn't have to act that formal anymore, god he hated that, just as much as he hated this suit and the childish ribbon. The teenage boy dared a cheeky grin the moment he looked up to the nation. "Alright, thank you."

So he was the kingdom of Netherlands, he'd heard of it from England's talking to other people. And what he'd heard wasn't very nice, but a country rarely spoke nice about another country. Maybe he should shape his own opinion by getting to know more about the Netherlands. He found it weird that he had to refer to that particular nation in plural.

The boy wanted to get a pleasant conversation rolling, talking about Europe and what a wonderful continent it was, until Netherlands said that. He was shocked at first, but then it was followed by images flooding his head. Forgotten memories. Not everything, but enough to believe the man. "I-I was yours?" He asked and tugged at the man's sleeve.
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:07 am

Hendrik chuckled at the young colonies' cheeky grin, it seemed the young man still had the same spunk he had when he was much younger " uw welkom Amerika " he smiled softly at the colony.

He had a feeling that Arthur was saying nasty things about him behind his back, he had to admit some of it was most likely true. He knew that the Nordic nations didn't like him a whole lot when he kicked them out of North America and he knew for a fact that England didn't think too highly of him especially after being part of the Holy Roman Empire then three anglo-dutch wars. to be fair his opinion of England since he ceded his north american colonies wasn't very high either.

He saw the shocked look that the boy gave him when he had mentioned New Netherland, he had placed a comforting hand on he boy's shoulder when he had started tugging on his sleeve " ah ja u were Amerika bij I had aan leave u and give u aan Engeland " he got a sad look on his face " I didn't want aan give u up though " and that was the truth he never wanted to give up America.
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:03 pm

It somehow made him happy knowing that Netherlands had actually wanted to keep him as his. "You don't need to look sad," he began with a tender and assuring smile, "It's not like I'm unhappy with England or something, he's very kind to me. Though..."
    Though I belong to freedom anyway.

He clasped his hands behind his back and began to bounce back and forth on his heels observing the party. The music had changed into something more lighthearted and the people were starting to loosen, pushed on by the wine, which they just loved to consume. "How boring," he sighed.
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:22 am

" I can niets help het I enjoyed having u " it was true he liked the American colony and it hurt a lot when he left, he remembered the look on the colony's face when he had left the north american shores " though...? " that caught his attention was his former colony unhappy? his thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of the music changing.

He decided to take a chance " den shall wij go somewhere more quiet aan talk? " he hoped the young man would agree to accompany him to where it was much quieter and private as he could almost feel the disapproving looks at he knew England and some of the other nations were giving him.
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:30 pm

He couldn't stop the blush spreading all over his face after he'd heard Netherlands' words and he was slightly happy to know that he was wanted. Then he was asked about his unfinished sentence. Alfred shook his head in an energetic motion, beaming a brilliant smile and winked in a secretive manner. "It's a secret."

Alfred's mood lightened up at the suggestion to leave the party, there was no better idea. "You're okay with that?" He had problems keeping his enthusiasm down. "Let's go then! England is a dear, but he's too stuck-up from sometimes...like today. So, I would really love to get outta here!" He took the Netherlands' arm and tugged at it.
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:50 am

Hendrik couldn't help but chuckle when he heard the young american say it was a secret and wink, yes the young colony didn't change too much since he had left and for that he was glad.

he chuckled at the young colony's enthusiasm to leave the party " ja I am " he looked around at the other party goers " I'm niets much of a party goer anyways " he chuckled when America started tugging on his arm " ja.. ja.. we are going " he gave a heartily laugh at the young man's over excitedness to leave the party.
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:34 pm

A fresh breeze grazed his flushed cheeks and when the large wooden entrance door fell shut, all the party noise was reduced into a distant sound. Alfred faced the well-kept pleasure garden that belonged to the (according to everybody else) small palace. He'd never seen such an organised large garden back at home, with paved roads to have a walk on, little pavilions, neat benches, artistic labyrinths and many many flowers.

"Wow. Wanna stroll around the garden?" He finally asked, looking at the Netherlands pleadingly, his curiosity kicking in. It was dark, that was sort of a downer, and he wouldn't be able to explore the garden to its fullest. But it was better than inside with all the creeps. "Come on, let's walk through the maze!"
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:10 am

Hendrik closed his eyes as the fresh breeze hit his face, it wasn't like back in his country but it felt nice and relaxing and it was even better with the muffled noise he could actully hear clearly .looking around he could honestly say he rather liked the beautiful garden not as perfect as his own gardens but he was most likely bias.

He smiled at the young colony " a walk through the maze would be goed "
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:42 pm

"You'll probably get lost, so stay close to me, okay? I'm going to be your hero and lead you to the middle!" He said and was obviously excited. "Come on, hold on to me!"

Once his hero complex was activated there was no escaping it. He just felt that it was his destiny to be a hero, to be a helper to all. "One day," he began, and his eyes had a bright twinkle of determination, "one day I'll save the world."

Because the world needed him, he thought. "And I'll be the greatest among all, and everybody would love me!"
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:21 pm

Hendrik chuckled at the young colony " I will stay close aan u den " he reached out and loosely took hold of the American's hand so if the younger man wanted to pull away he could.

"lead the way hero " he smiled as he followed the young man into the maze, listening to the young colony chatter away about being a hero and that he was going to save the world he knew that the young man before him would make something of himself one day and he was looking forward to see what path America would take " ja one day u will make iets of zelf..one day " he gave the young man's hand a gentle squeeze.
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Alfred was overjoyed. Everybody else would have just laughed at his words and shake their heads in amusement and afterwards they would stroke his head like adults do to little kids. But the Netherlands didn't. It might have been naive to think that another country would actually encourage him, a colony, but he was still happy.

So he led the taller man further into the labyrinth, and excitement grew as they were engulfed in darkness between the tall hedges. Only the silvery light of the moon was their scarce light source. "This is so exciting!"

Then he went slower. "Th-there are no ghosts in Europe, are there?"
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:17 am

Hendrik just let himself be pulled along by the excited colony, he couldn't help but chuckle at his excitedness. He smiled as he admired the young man pulling him through the beautiful labyrinth, he glanced up at the moon's silvery glow before looking back at the young colony.

He has to chuckle when the young colony asked about ghosts " het depends on the nation.... wij all have different stories about dinks like dat Amerika " he decided to be honest with the young man before him, and it was true depending on who you asked other nations would have a different story to tell including himself.
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Alfred's skin paled instantly and all heroism was drained off his face and gut. He hated ghosts. He forced himself to fight back the tears that were threatening to just run down his cheeks as big fat drops. And suddenly he wasn't feeling that brave anymore. "I...I'm not afraid. A hero..." he hesitated. "A hero isn't allowed to be afraid, is he?"

"You are not afraid, are you?" He looked up and knew the answer. Of course, the Netherlands was not afraid. Alfred stared down, suddenly hating himself. What was he thinking, when he was bragging about being a hero, saving the world, making everybody love him. That was all...impossible.
    He shyly glanced to observe the nation in front of him. And he suddenly blushed and became aware of his own naivety.

There were significant differences between both of them. The Netherlands was a nation and he himself was merely a colony - no matter how spoilt. The Netherlands could protect his people and Alfred wasn't even in charge of his own people. Did he even have people? And...
    "You're an adult." Alfred wasn't.

How frustrating.
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Hendrik smiled softly at the young colony knowing the young man was most likely feeling afraid now " ah a hero shows his true bravery when he shows his fear " he gave the young man's hand a comforting squeeze to hopefully reassure him.

" ja daar are dingen dat I am afraid of " he had seen the look that crossed the young American's face, he took hold of the colonies chin between his thumb and index finger and gently moved his face to look at him " I am afraid dat one day I will niet be able to protect mijn people " he leaned in slightly " u are an adult as well Amerika nooit forget het "

Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:40 am

His breath was caught in his throat and he didn't know what to say or what to do. Looking straight in the other men's eyes was enough to know that he meant every word he said. "But...I'm not yet physically as grown up as you and...I'm ruled by somebody else."

Despite his own words he couldn't help smiling, a slightly bit flustered and yet with renewed confidence. "I...can't be strong right now, but the future is still open. One day, when I have surpassed everybody, I will create a world where protecting isn't necessary anymore, because it will be a safe and peaceful place! Do you believe that?"
    He fixated his gaze on the Netherlands, his chin still gently held in the other's hand.

And suddenly it didn't matter that it was dark and scary.
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:26 am

He chuckled softly " u do niet need ann be as physically grown up like me one day u will be on uw own a nation in uw own right " he smiled reassuringly to the young colony.

His fingers left the young man's chin as they moved up to cup the colonies cheek " when dat day comes young one I shall look forward aan het " He looked into the young man's eyes and knew that this young colony would achieve great things when the time came " I believe u " and he did believe the young colony.
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 pm

He should be really touched by the man's kind words, were he not too distracted by the hands on his cheeks. Alfred hoped that his blush would remain unnoticed in the darkness of the night. The lack of power was one thing, but blushing was a certain no go for a hero. "Th-thank you..." he stuttered.

Alfred could cry, he felt so awkward now.

"Thank you...for...b-believing that I c-could be, shit, er...I mean...that I could be a free nation one day."

Alfred closed his eyes and inwardly cursed at himself for being such a fool. Embarrassment made itself visible on his already burning cheeks. He felt like scolding his heart for being so loud.
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:10 pm

Hendrik smiled seeing the light blush streak across the young man's cheeks in the silver moonlight but chose not to say a word so he would embarrass the young colony " uw onthaal "

He watched the American close his eyes and saw the embarrassment flash onto the the other man's face, he leaned forward and placed a comforting kiss on the man's forehead " ah believe? nr het is more like I know u will be a free nation one day " he chuckled softly " maybe niet today or tomorrow but one day when u are ready u will be a nation in uw right "

He patted the other man's cheek very gently as he smiled.
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Alfred beamed. "Watch me rise," he suddenly said with confidence radiating from his whole features and body. His eyes stared up with fierce vigour that seemed to dare to do absolutely anything at that moment. And his smirk could almost remind someone of England's trademark smirk, just a bit more boyish.

"So," he said while he carried on walking, this time with bouncy steps, "wanna do something fun? Let's play hide and seek. You search for me, if I win, you'll have to do anything I ask you to...but should you be the one to win then you could demand the same from me, obviously."

It was as if he forgot or perhaps didn't care that he was facing a nation. His eyes remained challenging.
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Hendrik smiled at the young colony, he could feel the determination radiating off the younger man and he could see the fierce vigour in the colonies' eyes. He had to chuckle softly when he saw the almost boyish England like smirk appear on the child's face.

He watched the colony as he bounced around as he walked " fun? " he listened to the terms of the game was and chuckled to himself as idea's formed in his mind " well hen dat sounds like a worthy challenge aan me " his eyes returning the challenge
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Alfred grinned, elated. "Then close your eyes and count!"

Hendrik turned around and covered his eyes properly. Alfred chuckled and strode away; he looked back at one point, probably to make sure that the other wasn't cheating. "Don't peek!" His voice sounded distant.

Alfred looked around; he was probably near the centre of the maze by now. Still he wasn't too sure where to take a turn. Then again, did it matter? All he needed to do was hide in a secluded place, so that it wouldn't be too easy to get caught. So he made a random turn, simultaneously listening to the Netherlands' counting.

Then he found something which piqued his interest. The lower spot of a hedge had a small tunnel-like opening, at least it wasn't covered with leaves like the rest of the hedge. He crouched down to peek through it. It was too dark to see. Alfred pondered for moment before deciding that he should crawl through it - and he let out a loud yelp as his hands didn't get in touch with the soil. They met nothing and Alfred lost balance and fell head first into that hole.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:23 pm